The City’s Preschool Programs help children ages 1-6 develop the skills needed to be successful in the classroom.
- Bright Beginnings — This program for three-to-five-year-olds focuses on all areas of development including cognitive, emotional, social, creative, and physical learning. Activities include daily circle time, story time, snack and outdoor play as well as worksheets focusing on the alphabet, numbers, shapes, and colors.
- Kindergarten Readiness — This class prepares children, ages four to six, for their elementary school years by improving communication, problem solving, and socialization skills. Participants learn pre-math skills, such as simple addition and subtraction, and pre-literacy skills. Participants also learn to follow classroom routines and directions, participate verbally and socially in a group setting, and play cooperatively with peers.
- Lil Artists — Children ages three through five explore a world of creativity, crafts, and art in this enrichment class. Each week has a theme and focuses on a new way to create art. Participants make, paint, draw, and create new projects during every class.
- Lil Athletes — This sports-focused enrichment program is designed for children ages three to five. Lil Athletes learn a new sport each week, learn how to stretch, and get active.
- My Play Date — This program is designed for caregivers and their children ages one to three. Each week’s new theme is explored through songs, books, games, crafts, and free play.